About Rauschenberger Financial Advisors
RFA was founded by Keith Rauschenberger, who is the president and principal planner. He has a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in business, with a concentration in finance, and spent over 30 years in banking and small business management. He became involved in planning over 10 years ago and is a CFP (R) professional. RFA is a member of the Garrett Planning Network and the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
In addition to his professional activities, Keith is active at St. Hugh of Lincoln, Episcopal Church, having served on the vestry and as treasurer. He is currently a member of the Elgin Academy Board of Trustees and serves as both treasurer and chairman of its Finance and Facilities Committee. Keith lives with his wife and two children in Elgin, Illinois.
Our Philosophy at Rauschenberger Financial Advisors:
- We always act with honesty and integrity.
- Our client’s interests always come first.
- We pursue long term relationships based upon trust and open communication.
- Client education and involvement are critical to our joint success.
- We never stop learning.
- While we are in business to make a comfortable living, we are committed to providing affordable and accessible advice for our clients.
- Often, the simplest advice is the best. If we cannot understand a product/structure or explain it to our clients, we will not recommend it.
- One of the most important keys to long term financial success for our clients is to minimize costs, fees and taxes.
- While it is best to start planning early in life, it is never too late.
- If it sounds to-good-to-be-true, it is. Return reflects risk.
- From an investment perspective, the firm pursues a long term, disciplined buy-and-hold investment strategy that emphasizes passive versus active investments, seeks broad diversification, minimizes costs and pursues regular rebalancing based upon the client’s optimal asset allocation.
- We have been fortunate in life so we will give back to our community.
To help our clients achieve financial confidence, clarity and success by providing
accessible, affordable and unbiased advice on an hourly or project basis.